Introduction - GDPR
We will only use your personal information in a way that is fair to you. We will only collect information where it is necessary for us to do so and we will only collect information if it is relevant to our dealings with you.
We undertake measures to ensure that all personal information in our possession is processed in accordance with the requirements of the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Data Protection Act (DPA).
As a user of PIWoP we need to keep and process information about you for normal contact purposes. The information we hold and process is used for our management and administrative purposes only. We keep and use it to enable us to run the business and manage our relationship with you effectively, lawfully and appropriately.
Collection and use of information
All information is stored in a secure manner in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018
All of the information we hold is provided by you.
What personal information we collect:
• Information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us including information relating to the provision of goods or services.
• Information that you provide to us for the purpose of carrying on our existing relationship
• If informed of changes we will update your personal information to keep it current, accurate & complete.
Using Personal Data
We may use your personal data to:
• Make payments to you;
• Send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you;
• Send you general non-marketing commercial communications;
• Send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
• Send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email and you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications; and
• Deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the provision of goods or services.
We do not hold or process any special categories of information (relating to ethnic origin, Political opinions, religious and philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, biometric data or sexual orientation). We will only collect and process this data with your explicit consent unless required by law to do otherwise. You have your right to withdraw your consent at any time.
Personal Data Security
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. We will store all the personal data you provide on an external hard drive. Information relating to electronic transactions entered into via our website will be protected by industry standard cryptographic protocols.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
• To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
• In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
• In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
• To any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
We ensure lawful processing of personal data by obtaining your consent; or where there is a contractual obligation to do so in providing appropriate products and services; or where processing the data is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests in providing appropriate products and services.
We must ensure that personal data shall be:
• Processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner;
• Collected for specified, explicitly and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes;
• The right of access to the personal data we hold. In most cases this will be free of charge and will be provided within one month of receipt. To obtain a copy of the personal details we hold on you, please write to us and provide us with your details or email
• The right to rectification where data is inaccurate or incomplete. In such cases we shall make any amendments or additions within one month of your request. The right to erasure of personal data, but only in very specific circumstances, typically where the personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the purpose for which it was originally collected or processed.
• The right to restrict processing, for example while we are reviewing the accuracy or completeness of data, or deciding on whether any request for erasure is valid. In such cases we shall continue to store the data, but will not further process it until such time as we have resolved the issue.
• The right to data portability which, subject to a number of qualifying conditions, allows individuals to obtain and reuse their personal data for their own purposes across different services.
• The right to object in cases where processing is based on legitimate interests, where our requirements to process the data is overridden by the rights of the individual concerned; or for the purposes of direct marketing; or for processing for purposes of scientific / historical research and statistics, unless this is necessary for the performance of a public interest task.